Thursday, July 30, 2015

Adrenal Fatigue part 2

I have been thinking back on first being diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. I'm seeing some overlap from then and now. I remember having to take a magnesium supplement and a (horrible tasting!) B complex. The Dr. told me that the body needs magnesium to stay asleep, and if I'm not getting enough magnesium, then my body will just wake up when it runs out. Seeing the overlap? Magnesium....B vitamins....

What's the next step? is what I keep thinking. I did the at-home adrenal test of my eye contraction/dilation. I did this in college too. Instead of remaining contracted for 1-2 minutes, my eyes would dilate again after barely 5 seconds. no bueno. I now understand why my eyes hurt so much when driving at night....oh, and also anytime outside.

So I think the next step is a saliva test that measures my cortisol levels over the course of a day. I've already got an appointment scheduled with my dr...but i have to wait and that's stressful! I also have an appt with my dentist tomorrow for help with my chronic clenching due to alignment issues.

And I'll be honest....I'm exhausted. Maybe it's the heat or the blogging or the researching or just the reality of life and mothering etc...I am dead tired every afternoon. I'm getting more sleep than I have in a really, really long time (thanks magnesium and B vitamins!), yet wake up exhausted still. Why do I STILL have this problem so many years out? Even with a much better diet? It answers so many other issues I've dealt with - especially the myriad after my 2nd birth (inability to heal from a mild tear, low testosterone, PPD for 2 years, falling asleep while driving and eventually totaling our car - and God had so much mercy on me because I was milliseconds away from a head-on with a pick-up, funky milk supply - not low, but off....among other things). I don't know why, but I didn't want to believe I had something. I still don't want to have something. But it's also something that's fixable. Which is silly to try and fight against. Especially if it's my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment